What is Extended Warranty protection and why do I need it?
Every new vehicle comes from the manufacturer with a basic factory warranty. This agreement states that the manufacturer will repair or replace any part of the vehicle in the event of any failure for a limited period or mileage. Once this warranty expires you have nothing to protect yourself from expensive vehicle repair costs. Extended Warranty will protect you for an additional specified period of time and/or mileage.
I still have time left on my manufacturer's warranty. Why should I bother purchasing your protection now?
Now is precisely the time to buy a warranty because we are able to offer you the lowest price. The premium will increase at a later date depending on inflation, labor rates and parts prices etc… By acting now, you not only save money on warranty price, you guarantee tomorrow’s repairs at today’s prices.
What do I have to do about servicing my car once the policy has started?
You must have your vehicle serviced at an authorized service center in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
What if I sell my vehicle? Can I transfer the warranty?
This warranty can be transferred to the new owner. Call us and we will explain your transfer options. A nominal transfer fee of 50$ is applicable. The subsequent owner of the vehicle is require to take the vehicle to any authorized service centre for a validation check of the extended warranty as well as to update the customer records. This is required in order for the warranty to remain valid.
This warranty is not transferable from a private owner to a fleet user or vice versa.
How does this coverage work? What do I do if I have a breakdown?
In the event that your vehicle requires a repair, the following procedure should be followed:
1) Immediately take your vehicle to an Authorized Service centre.
2) Inform them that your vehicle is covered by a Warranty.
3) Present your Warranty Booklet to the Service Department.
4) The Service Department will then diagnose the required repair(s).
5) Sign the invoice on completion of the required repair(s) when collecting your vehicle.
Is the cost of Parts and labor covered?
If a car breaks down due to the mechanical or electrical failure of a covered part, the warranty will cover the replacement cost of parts and labor
What is covered in the extended warranty?
The Extended Warranty covers the functional capability of all Mechanical, Electrical and Electronic parts, subject to the terms and conditions as detailed in the warranty information booklet. This policy does not cover more than the manufacturer’s list price of any part in the territorial limits and amount of time allowed for labor will be in line with manufacturer’s standard repair time.
What is not covered?
The extended warranty exclude maintenance parts, normal wear and tear to wheels, tyres, exhausts, catalytic converter, clutch and brakes. Damage to bodywork, paintwork, glass or headlights is also excluded. Some electronic or electrical items such as audio equipment and car phones are also excluded.
The validity and extent of the cover can be affected by usage misuse, neglect, and faults subject to recall. Pre-existing mechanical or electrical faults are also excluded.
See your extended warranty information booklet for complete details of exclusions.
Is there any leeway on service?
The customer is required to perform the proper maintenance by an Authorized Service centre for warranty protection in accordance with the owner’s manual. The Interval from the purchase date to the first service, and the intervals between services, must not exceed the stipulated mileage or time by more than 500 Km’s or 10 days.
This requirement is to ensure your vehicle is properly maintained in accordance with manufacturers minimum standards.
Is their a limit on claims?
- Limit of Liability: The duration and indemnity is indicated on your warranty booklet form.
- Maximum liability per claim: Fair market value of the vehicle.
- Total claims liability: The maximum total claim liability is up to the fair market value of the vehicle.
- Number of claims: No limit
Does this warranty have any geographical limits?
Cover is restricted to vehicles originally sold in the territory as per the warranty form attached with the booklet. Extended warranty sold in GCC countries are valid in any GCC countries for any incidental break down if the owner is using it outside a country for a period not more than 30 days.
What vehicles are excluded?
Vehicles that are ineligible for warranty protection coverage are those:
- That are registered in the name of the Dealer or his/her associated companies.
- Whose weight exceeds 3.5 metric tons.
- That are intended for export.
- That are sold to commercial re-sellers.
- Whose original vehicle design has been modified (i.e. by tuning, installation of thirdparty parts or accessories not supported by the manufacturer), particularly if these changes affect the technical specifications, safety standards of the vehicle. Exempt from this exclusion are approved modifications made by dealer.
For special eligibility, a separate quotation will be done Policy offering for each NSC proposal may change but typically vehicles used by Police, Army, Government and Commercial use will usually be excluded unless requestedotherwise Vehicles usage categorised as commercial basis are as follows-.
- Vehicles used for Taxi or Hire
- Vehicles used as Rent-A-Car
- Vehicles used for delivery (delivery of goods (DHL, UPS etc), transporting goods, etc)
- Vehicles used for Driving Schools
- Vehicles used for desert safari,
- Vehicles used for mining or oil exploration etc…
- Vehicles used for racing (timed or not timed competition)
Why do I need 13 months of Insurance?
The Traffic Department insists on a 13 months insurance certificate each time you register a vehicle.
They provide you with the registration for 12 months and give you a one month grace period to reregister the following year. The 13 months insurance requirement is intended to reduce the number of uninsured vehicles on the roads. The 13 months period is valid, in the Traffic Department’s opinion, from the time of registration and not from when you take the insurance. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that you renew your insurance when your registration is due, and not when the insurance policy expires.
In other countries the motor insurance policy is done for 12 months as per the requirements by the traffic department.
Why can't the insurance and registration be in two different names?
The Insurance Policy must be in the name of the vehicle owner, as per the Law.
How do you calculate my insurance premium?
The factors that are used to calculate your insurance premium are the vehicle value, brand, segment & type.
Why can't the insurance be transferred when the vehicle is sold?
Motor Insurance policies can be transferred to another owner or another vehicle as per the terms, conditions and procedures of the insurance company and as per the government ministry law.
Which garages will you use to repair my car?
We offer only Agency Repairs and so your vehicle will be repaired at the authorized dealership. If you have not selected the agency repair option, then the insurance company will choose a garage which will repair your vehicle.
How many years agency repair do you offer?
We offer agency repair up to 5 years, with a load of 20% for the 4th year and 5th year.
If my car is damaged due to a hit and run incident, will it affect my no claim bonus?
If we are unable to recover the claim cost from a Third Party then unfortunately this will be treated like any accident and will affect your no claims bonus entitlement.
Does your policy cover damages to windscreen of the vehicle?
Yes. The motor insurance policy automatically covers any damages caused to your vehicles windscreen.
Does this policy cover off road damage?
You have the option to buy an additional coverage to cover any such damage if you are not using the vehicle in a race or competitive event.
Does this policy cover damage caused due to storm and flood?
You have the option to buy an additional coverage to cover your vehicle for any damage caused due to flood, Tempest and storm. This cover is called the STF (Storm, Tempest and Flood) cover.
What is the third party liability limit?
We offer third party liability up to AED 1,000,000
What is the deductible/excess I have to pay if the accident happens due to my fault?
The deductibles on our motor insurance policies are as per the laws of each country.
What other benefits do you offer in your package?
With motor insurance policy you get free towing up to 2500 AED in case of accidents and free Road Side Assistance for the first year.
Do you offer any discounts if I have no claim for the previous year?
Yes. We will offer you 10% no claim bonus upon renewal of policy with us.
What are the benefits you offer with PAB (Personnel Accident Benefits)?
PAB for driver and passenger is included up to the limit of AED 200,000 and will be payable according to the PAB appendix. Below is the sample for UAE and for other markets it will be according to the laws of the country.
Compensation under PAB
- Death AED 200,000
- Loss of sight in both eyes AED 200,000
- Permanent Disablement (Both Hands or Both feet or one hand together with one feet)AED 200,000
- Permanent Disablement (above wrist or ankle of (together with) one hand or feet or loss of sight in one eye AED 200,000
- Permanent Partial Disability Percentage of AED 200,000 based on the disability approved by medical board
- Loss of sight to one eye AED 100,000
- Partial Disablement (one eye, one hand or one left) AED 100,000
What is RTI (Return to Invoice) GAP Insurance?
RTI Gap Insurance is a vehicle protection insurance plan that fills the financial deficit often left when insurance company settlements are lower than expected when a vehicle is declared total loss. GAP insurance is not a replacement for existing motor insurance policy, but a value added product protects you against serious financial loss if your car is written off.
Even if you have fully comprehensive motor insurance, your motor insurer will almost certainly only offer you the current market trade value for your vehicle at the time of a claim, leaving you with a shortfall of potentially several thousand of cash. In other words, the insurance pay-out is nowhere near enough to replace your vehicle with the same and in some cases, settlements are not even enough to pay off your existing finance agreement.
Return to Invoice GAP Insurance does exactly that, it pays you out to the original Invoice selling price of your vehicle by effectively “topping up” your comprehensive motor insurance payout with the amount required to return you back to the total sale price (invoice value) as detailed on your original invoice provided by the supplying dealer.
How does RTI GAP Insurance work?
In the event of your vehicle being written off, RTI GAP Insurance will pay the difference between your Motor Insurance Payout and the amount that you originally paid for your vehicle. RTI GAP Insurance is available for new or used vehicles with a value of up to AED 400,000 and the maximum payout will be 100,000 AED
Let’s say you purchase a vehicle for 100,000 AED
Two years later, the vehicle is written off and your motor insurance company offer you only 64,000 AED as a settlement. (20% depreciation year on year)
If this happened, RTI GAP Insurance would pay the 36,000 AED difference between your Motor Insurance payout 64,000 AED) and the original invoice price you paid for the vehicle (100,000 AED).
If you have purchased the vehicle by way of a Finance Agreement, in most cases (not all) receiving the full original invoice price back will allow you to clear the remaining balance of your finance agreement and have money left over to put towards a new vehicle.
What is the period of Cover?
This is available in 3 different options
1. For 1 Year from the date of sale
2. For 2 Years from the date of sale
3. For 3 Years from the date of sale
What are the eligibility criteria?
- The Insured is the registered keeper of the Vehicle, or in respect of leasing contracts is the
authorized driver for the Vehicle
- The Insured is covered under a Comprehensive Motor Insurance Policy for the Vehicle for the entire
period of cover.
- The Vehicle is under 4 years old and below 80,000 Kilometers from Date of First Registration
The Vehicle has a value within the parameters of the Policy offered by the dealer at the time of
- The Vehicle has not been modified from original manufacturer specification and emanates from the
original registration date.
Not Eligible Vehicles are those which:
- Have been modified in any way from the manufacturers specifications, or;
- Are owned temporarily or otherwise (resulting from trade-in or acquisition for the purpose of resale) by a business formed for the purposes of selling or servicing motor Vehicles, or; Are used for competition, taxi, racing, pace making, hire or reward, off road use, driving school, delivery vehicles etc or designed to carry more than 8 people including the driver, or; Are over 3500 kg gross weight.
What is RSA
Emergency Roadside Assistance provided by official Roadside Auto-assistance Centre for the following services, throughout the country of origin 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Battery Service – If the battery on the vehicle is dead for whatever reason, assistance will be dispatched to jump-start it so the policy holder can continue with their journey. Should the problem persist then the vehicle will be towed to the nearest garage.
- Fuel Service – An emergency supply of fuel will be delivered to the policy holder’s vehicle enabling them to reach the nearest petrol station. This service is free, but the policy holder is responsible for the cost of the fuel at current fuel pump prices
- Flat Tire Service – If the spare tire on the policy holder’s vehicle is inflated and serviceable then it will be installed to replace the flat one on the vehicle. Should there be no spare tire then the vehicle will be towed to the nearest tire repair facility
- Lockout Service – If the vehicle keys are locked inside the vehicle, assistance will be sent to try and retrieve them. If this is not possible then the vehicle will be towed to the nearest garage
- Towing Service – If the vehicle cannot be made drivable after conducting any of the emergency procedures provided, it will be towed to the nearest garage.
What is covered?
- New and pre-owned vehicles up to 3 years old
- All vehicles EXCEPT those used for Taxi, Car Rental or racing purposes
- This would therefore include cover vehicles used for a commercial purpose.
- Recovery valid in the country where the covered vehicle is sold
Period of Cover
- 12 months
What does the customer receive?
Customer receives a pack including a Manufacturer/Dealer Branded RSA card confirming his name, valid date, policy cover and relevant contact numbers
When streets are impassable or when conditions make towing dangerous, a temporary suspension of towing may occur. Recovery to 30 meters from an accessible road